Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cold Camping

This weekend my dear family and I braved the cold and wet to experience the great outdoors. 

                                      

We decided to gird our loins and seek rugged adventure. This is also known as wet sleeping bags.    
                                        
                                      

We decided to enjoy the woods, which as we all know are lovely, dark, and deep. 


We also happened to pick the weekend of the biggest fog eclipse I have ever seen. 

This contributed to dramatic aesthetic appeal and also the likelihood of soggy extremities. 




On that note... here are a two things that made camping much more enjoyable this time around, in spite of the cold, and the wet, and the lack of anything even remotely resembling comfortable sleeping quarters. 

1. Squeeze Bottles. Seriously, y'all. Please use these next time you decide to go on an adventure, empty out a ketchup bottle and fill it up with pancake batter, eggs, whatever you can stick in a bottle to make prep and clean-up easier. 

2. Tacos in a bag...

I have no pictures to illustrate this culinary masterpiece. My phone died about 12 hours into our trip but it was one of the easiest meals I've ever prepared. You prepare the fixings for a taco ahead of time, and bring miniature bags of Doritos - dump all the ingredients straight into the bag and you've got almost no clean up to speak of. 

Plus, it's absolutely packed with nutrients and vital vitamins and minerals your body is craving and most likely deficient in. No no, don't thank me. It's my gift to you.  

That's all I've got. I really thought I had more to offer on the camping front, but no cigar. 

Thawing out,

Rae 








No comments:

Post a Comment