Monday, December 17, 2012

28


The families in Connecticut who lost loved ones, children, parents, and friends weigh heavily on so many right now.

It's easy to forget to bear one another's burdens. It's easy to forget that other people have burdens...our own often seem so huge. Until something like this happens.

Something that ravages and dehumanizes us so much that we can't ignore it.

Something that awakens an inescapable core knowledge of what is right and what is terribly and heartrendingly wrong.

That's when we hurt. 

I do this all the time, I forget that even if I can't feel it and even if it doesn't touch me - every day I live and breathe there is death and pain and agonizing hurt nearby.

 Whether you believe the same things I do or not, whether you pray and ask God for comfort or seek it somewhere else, I'm sure we can agree that sharing in this hurt and grieving with and for these families is an honor we can give those who were lost and those who remain with broken hearts.

To the families in Connecticut - we grieve for you, we hurt with you and pray for you. 






No comments:

Post a Comment