Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chocolate Coffee Cake + GF Adaptation

This is coffee cake like you've never seen it.

 Forget brown sugar.

 Forget cinnamon, forget namby pamby attempts to hint at an obscured coffee-ish origin only to be consumed with coffee. 

Oh no.

This is the real deal.  

This is the cat's meow.

This will make your skirt fly up. 

I'm searching my mind for another cliche to throw in here.

This will float your boat. 

...This might be anticlimactic now... 

Whatevs.

Hater's gonna hate. But check this out...click me!

Image and recipe credit go to Mymansbelly.com 

 I doubled the above recipe to make a quadruple-layered monster cake for my dear sister-in-law's baby shower and it was fantastic, even made with pregnancy-friendly decaf instant coffee instead of the called for instant espresso. 

Even if you aren't a fan of chocolate cake, or in my case are allergic to the wheat involved in making it - the icing is fabulous. I got so many complements and it is simple. 

On that note - Betty Crocker has a devil's food cake box mix (gluten free) and if you add two tablespoons of instant coffee, some chocolate chips and some of this espresso buttercream frosting you won't know what you're missing. 

Go forth and make cake!

Rachael


2 comments:

  1. oh man. praise God for this find. I'm buying a few boxes of that stuff soon!! hahahaha I miss sweets

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling! This recipe really is amazing, had a few people tell me the liked the gluten free recipe better than the one with wheat!

    ReplyDelete