Wednesday, February 20, 2013

a bushel and a peck

There are several noteworthy things on my mind these days, in no particular order... 


- My bangs. I have been scissor free since October, baby steps right? Twelve step program...? 



Can anyone else see the teensy bump? 

- My morning sickness has pretty much disappeared, I'll feel crummy if I skip a meal or step too far from a snack, but that's easy enough to handle. No complaints over here. 


Everything green and healthy doesn't totally repulse me anymore.
Which is great since I've discovered an international farmer's market in my area with some amazing produce and super low prices. They also have shrink wrapped animal heads and something called food grade blood but who's judging. I'll just celebrate the melting pot that is America and not partake..yes?

On that note.. remember my Persian uncle? Well, once when I was young and impressionable and believed that the world was a song and the song was exciting - name that song - I came over to his house to play with my cousins and was given the almost imponderable pleasure of viewing a goat head boiling in a large pot on the stove. It still had teeth, y'all. Scarred for life, but I digress... 



  - I have my very own bike for the first time since I was 13... and I have a husband to ride it with, which thankfully is not something I had at 13. 



xo,

Rae

p.s. Here's a recipe for goat head curry, apparently those things really are edible and are not just used as heinous forms of culinary torture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment