Sunday, March 3, 2013

don't iron your yoga pants.

I had never heard that phrase before today and when I did it resonated with me.

 Don't iron your yoga pants. 

What the heck does that mean...

I'm not sure what it means to you, but to me it means take a chill pill. Don't get your undies in a knot. 

Sometimes that's all we need to hear. Laying all things bare, I feel like I probably don't need to hear it as frequently as some people, I don't label things, if you catch my drift. Zero OCD tendencies over here.

 I tend to err more on the side of que sera-ing my way around my house and not only not ironing my yoga pants, but leaving my dress pants and button up shirts wrinkled as well.  

Following the analogy? 

Anyway, be that as it may, I do need a reminder every now and then that things will work out. Things will be fine. 

That I'm not the biggest planning entity operating in this little universe of ours and as much as I'd like to think that I'm free-spirit material, I get tangled sometimes. 

I compensate by worrying, overdoing, over-thinking. 

I try to iron my yoga pants.

And it doesn't work. 

It's comforting, sometimes - to hear that adage from someone who isn't necessarily familiar with the ins and outs of your day to day life. 

It's going to be fine. 

It's going to work out.  

So, from one worrying, free-spirited nut to another...don't iron your yoga pants. 

Happy Sunday,

Rae 


No comments:

Post a Comment