Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Drugstore Cosmetics/Products Summer Review






Favorite Eye Shadow: Wet & Wild, Sweet As Candy - this is an awesome, awesome palette. 



It's good stuff...super high quality for less than $3.00 
Wet & Wild isn't typically my favorite brand but this stuff is great. 


Teamine! This stuff is the bomb, it really is. It's pricey but if you look on Amazon you can find it for 1/4 of what they charge at the dermatologist. Check it out here.


CHANEL Mademoiselle, it's an amazing scent, sweet and subtle. Go and smell some. 


Shine control, this stuff is fantastic. It is a must have in my makeup kit for weddings. It clears away shine without drawing attention to fine lines and gives a great matte finish - no shine face photos at weddings or proms. This is my favorite finishing powder to date... 


Milani nail polish in, you guessed it...gold. This stuff is perfect for an accent nail. 


Good old Burt's Bees, it's a favorite and always will be. Works great as a base for a nude lip. I also occasionally line the lip and then apply this stuff to allow for blotting and blending.  


There's a bedhead in all of us and this stuff keeps it from getting too gross. Especially for us short haired ladies, this is a bit of a life saver. It smells nice to boot!


$8.00 from Sally's, favorite hairspray to date. Lightweight, smells awesome - give it a shot if you're in the market for some new hairspray. It doesn't leave the hair crunchy, shiny or greasy.  


My favorite shampoo so far for my poor hair...it's trying so hard to grow and this stuff is so gentle that I do believe there might be hope. 


Elf matte lipstick, the color is lovely and this stuff has a great texture. Not as great as the Burt's Bees stuff, but pretty darn close.  

A note on this brand, I have to make a little plug for their brushes. If you're looking into trying out make-up brushes for the first time and want to get a feel for them without dropping a load of cash - Elf is the way to go. Not the best you can buy but definitely high quality enough to set you up as a beginner. 



Fit Me by Maybelline

I really don't care much for heavy foundations, I prefer spot concealer - but these are so lightweight and go on so smoothly that I actually like them a lot. I blend the two colors for a more accurate match and a little goes a long way. Each one comes in under $10.00  


So that's all for now, your turn - what were your favorite summer products? Share! 

xoxo,

Rae 










3 comments:

  1. I LOVE FitMe! That's what I've used for the past two years and I don't buy anything else. Also, you can get great coupons for it and when it's only $5 at Wal Mart, it's basically free!

    For sunless tanner, I love using Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. It's basically a makeup instead of that nasty smelling sunless tanner. But I use it on my legs and my arms. It's been my go to for weddings and special occasions where I'll be showing more skin than usual.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison! I'll have to give the Sally Hansen stuff a shot, I'm kind of desperate for a sunless tanner that works without the smell and streaking that normally comes with the territory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for review for these products, it is really helpful for me to understand which one to use.
    Thanks for sharing this information.
    wholesale cosmetics

    ReplyDelete