Friday, September 14, 2012

Monster Cookies

Oh me. These are good... 

A friend of mine introduced me to the concept (hey, Beth!)


My recipe is a conglomeration of about 4 others and what I ended up with was a dense, heavily textured, crunchy, chewy, yummy mother-load cookie. 



Ingredients: 

2 sticks butter, softened 
1 1/2 cups sucanat* 
3 large eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 cups sunflower butter (almond butter works too)
4 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats 
2 cups chocolate chips 
2 cups plain M&Ms 





*A note on the sucanat... You can use normal sugar, you can use raw sugar, you can use whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. I just like irony and I felt very ironic blending organic sucanat with straight up butter. I have this gut instinct that sucanat should be paired with applesauce and organic cotton and that the butter would make some hempadrille wearing hippie very disappointed in me. 


Ever heard of a hempadrille? Allow me to educate you...


Back to the cookies.  



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time and mixing between each addition, the vanilla, baking soda, and whatever nut butter you choose to use. Say nut butter 5 times fast. 
Sorry. 
Anyway... mix well until smooth.
3. Add the oats and mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl. Add the chocolate chips and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter. Then add the M&Ms and mix well.
4. Roll the batter into balls about 1 tablespoon each, and place 2 inches apart onto baking sheets, I greased mine but I don't think it's imperative. 
5. Bake until the edges are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Let cool on baking sheets for about 2 minutes before transferring to cooling racks, unless of course - you too are just now realizing that the Keebler Elf isn't the only person allowed to own those. Who knew they were even available to the mortal bakers, not me. 
Cooling rack or plate, whatever teeters your totter, these things are great. 
Makes: 6 dozen cookies

Sorry, it would appear the sugar buzz not only effected my vision but the vision of my cell phone as well. Oopsie. 

Enjoy!

Rachael 







No comments:

Post a Comment