Thursday, September 13, 2012

Seasons

This is introspective and a bit thoughtful.

You've been warned, prepare yourself...

I get this way when the weather starts changing, I'm basically a human mood ring. Temperature has a lot to do with my state of mind.

So, when it starts getting cool and I feel that fall feeling I always come back to the realization of how seasons work. They come, they go - they shift and the one thing you can count on is that they will begin and they will end.

Fall is my favorite time of year, but it holds that position because of much more than the cool nights and changing leaves.

Only God knows the full extent of the issues I struggle with, they are numerous and I'm sure I haven't even discovered half of them...

One thing the Lord consistently points out in me is fear. Surprised? Me either...

I have this deep seated fear of things ending, of death and of transitions.

I have a fear of seasons changing, shifting into a new stage of life is a monumentally difficult task for me because I avoid change like the plague.

This is the reason I need this time of the year and this is also the reason I believe God has hardwired me to respond this way to this particular season.

Fall comforts me because the seasonal shift, the shift from hot summer days to cool crisp nights, showcases the death of one season for the purpose of giving life to another.

It shows that moving into a new stage is good. It's better than good, it's natural and right.

Fall is the most beautiful object lesson I have ever been given.

God uses this time of year to move me, to remind me that there is peace in the midst of changes and that when I fight change I taint the blessings therein.

The Lord uses this time of year to reassure me that new seasons will come. That they will come whether I open my arms to them or not, and that they will go whether I'm ready to relinquish them or not. He reminds me that it's a better thing to soak up every minute of the season I'm in rather than looking ahead or behind wishing for a season that hasn't come yet or that has already passed.

These are some of the reasons I love fall, sometimes I just feel like it was made for me - God knew how best to show me the beauty and goodness of seasons and change...

Robbinsville, NC


Just for kicks, here are 5 more reasons I love fall:

#1 I love comfy sweaters. Probably not the most flattering thing I could wear, but I have certain vices.

#2 I like feeling obligated to drink hot chocolate, apple cider, pumpkin lattes, and all manner of fattening arterial clogging beverages.

3) Football games, mainly because I feel even more obligated to take advantage of #2 when I'm cold and confused.

4) Pumpkin carving

5) Camping

Fall camping is the best camping. If you've never done it, you should.

 It will change your life



See?


Please don't quote me on that changing your life thing... I just get this high on life feeling during this season and start making outrageous claims. I can't really take any responsibility for things I may say.



 Love,

Rae



No comments:

Post a Comment