Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday List





1. This is a very brave iguana...




2. This is the water in Jamaica, it's beautiful. 
 

and again.


3.  There is something to be said for home, really.

4. Monokinis are a bad idea. Just...for real, y'all. Not good. 

5. I have a really strong feeling that it would be bad to go to jail in Jamaica. For whatever that's worth.

6. I don't really think it'd be great to go to jail anywhere...not really on my bucket list to be honest. 

7. I love this guy...


8. Someone told me to call a Jamaican a yardy. I felt like maybe she was encouraging me to make a cultural faux pas so I didn't. Proud? 

9. Can you tell I'm hung up on Jamaica? Anyway.. 

10. Random vacation pictures 






That's all for now, I hope you had a glorious weekend. 

xoxo,

Rae 

1 comment:

  1. First entry for Yardy on Urban Dictionary:
    "Yardy is another word for a Jamaican, specifically one from a difficult socio-economic area.

    The term stems from the slang name given to occupants of government yards in Trenchtown, a neighborhood in West Kingston, Jamaica. Trenchtown was originally built as a housing project following devastation caused by Hurricane Charlie. Each development was built around a central courtyard with communal cooking facilities. Due to the poverty endemic in the neighborhood, crime and gang violence became rife, leading the occupants of Trenchtown to be in part stigmatized by the term "Yardie"."

    ....so, probably acceptable to say that you yourself are a yardy, but could potentially be offensive to random Jamaican natives?

    At any rate, we named Dev's stuffed monkey Yardy to commemorate the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete