Thursday, September 6, 2012

Highlights For Blondies *DIY*

Highlights, for those of you who are interested in damaging your hair, for cheap!

I jest. Really though, if you give this a shot - less is more. I tended to pull more hair through the cap than necessary and ended up lifting my whole head of hair to a lighter color which sort of defeats the purpose of highlights. Just start slow!


Just as a reference point - this is one of the only relatively recent photos I could find of  my natural hair color, I'm recovering from a recent bout with hair color insanity and I had to chop it all off.

Naturally I'm sort of a dark blonde.



This is the color I ended up with after highlighting for a few months... 


Very light, I liked it for a while but it made growing my hair any longer pretty impossible. 

And lighter still, after a few more months of bleaching... 






Anyway, onward and upward! 



xoxo,

Rae

1 comment:

  1. Allisen! WHAT is UP! I subscribed to your blog and YouTube - speaking of which, so glad Baby Byrd decided to flip :) due date coming up FAST!

    ReplyDelete